Timing Slips and Other Questions...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing Slips and Other Questions...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:49:19 -0800
I am trying to talk Pat Glenn into adding some stuff to his Car Test 2000
software. And that is to add venues for racing the cars. I have a timing
slip from World Finals to show him, but now I would like to have a scanned
copy of one from the USFRA meet in September, 2 from Speedweek (long and
short courses),  one from El Mirage, one from ECTA, one from DRLA, one from
Muroc. Are these the only places where we are likely to run?

So, if anyone has or can scan a copy of these, I would appreciate having it.
Hopefully there would be no infringement on any copyrights as the resulting
slips would only show Bonneville, Maxton, El Mirage, Muroc, and Lake
Gairdner. All references to the sponsoring associations would be left off. A
blak copy also works, doesn't have to have data in it. Just the information
and format is what I am looking for.

Now some questions.

At Speedweek the short course, 3 miles. Is there a 2 1/4 speed like on the
long course? And only the 3rd mile is a full measured mile (ie just like the
long course, just 2 miles shorter?).

How about World Finals? Is it the same layout as the long course as
Speedweek only run in both directions?

El Mirage? Is that a 1.3 mile course with a trap at the end? Where does the
trap begin and end?

Muroc the same as El Mirage? Or what?

Ditto for the meets that DRLA has down under?

Oh, and a final question. On the timing slip I have, it now includes the
weather station data. GREAT!!  But, one, now 2 questions...ST is obviously
Barometric pressure in inches of mercury, so why isn't it called BP or BARO
instead of ST? And the other is why not just use density instead of density
altitude. Plain old density is more useful than DA (straight corrections to
hp and drag can be made, other wise have to reconvert to find density).
Great none the less!

Well, if you all wold break out your scanners and timing slips or heck, even
snail mail (just let me know it is coming) and send me a copy in jpg format,
I would be as happy as a pig in ...well, you know. You timers, I would
appreciate an explanation of you traps and  where you get speed.....I
already have Speedweek long course.

Am I stepping on any toes here? Is so, I can figure this out on my own with
published information...somewhere...

many thanks

mayf.