Re: Lead - not BOndo, but! (NO LSR)

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: Re: Lead - not BOndo, but! (NO LSR)
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:18:24 -0800
In 1967 we built a Studibaker for the gas supercharged class. We took it to
Earl Schieb and had the $39.95 high dollar paint job applied ( the low ball
job was $29.95). The Stude had a LARGE dent under the right rear quarter
opanel. It looked like someone backed it into a curb. A nice 4 inch by 4
inch right angle divot in the bottom flare. We assumed that Earl would at
least pound it out a little but NOOOO it was one solid brick of Bondo. We
got our moneys worth though, the old paint was so oxidized that they had to
but on three coats of enamel to get any gloss at all. That old paint just
soaked the new up like a sponge.
Jim in Palmdale