RE: Studebaker

To: "'gary baker'" <lsr350@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Studebaker
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:54:42 -0700
Hi Gary,

Yeah, those Starliner coupes are sweet.  I had planned a '53 as a street car
about 10 years back, but plans changed.

Doug is correct, the brothers started out building wagons and horse drawn
farm equipment.  And, yep, he's right about the Connestoga wagons, there's
an 1835 model in their museum.  They had a very good reputation.  The only
"issue" I know of with the cars is they are prone to rust.  If you're going
to buy one, look it over carefully.

A buddy here at work has a nice '62.  He belongs to the Studebaker Driver's
Club, they have a monthly publication called Turning Wheels that's pretty
nice.  Lots of tech tips, good classified section.  They can be reached at
www.StudebakerDriversClub.com <http://www.StudebakerDriversClub.com> .  He
says if you do a Google search and search on "unofficial Studebaker Driver's
Club" there is another site for just parts and classifieds stuff.

Dale C.

                Subject:        Studebaker

                Hi Guys
                Who amongst you lot of fossilised reprobates and well
matured gearheads  (
                petrol heads over here) can edumacate me about the
Studebaker  , a very rare
                bird in these parts and a fine looking bird it is too!
                Gary ( don't let tough times beat you, prayer a loving
family and good mates
                will prevail)

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..