Re: clean room/Animal House

To: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: clean room/Animal House
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 12:47:14 -0700
Back in the 60's, I lived in a house with 3 other guys. We all
rode Harleys, and being as this house was in a rotten part of
town, they couldn't be left outside. My room had a door
leading out to the front yard, soooooooooo.....guess where the
bikes lived. In MY bedroom. This didn't really cause too many
problems...except.... When people left for work they fired up
the bikes in the house (why go outside & shiver in the cold
while you kick-start your pan head???) so I had to put up with
a lot of early AM noise & smoke while I was trying to sleep.
Not to mention NOBODY ever closed my door after they left
(usually with a great smokey burn-out on my linoleum floor)so
I would have to get out of bed to close it. One friend, with a
'50 Panhead chopper with up-swept exhust pipes, had a
particlarly devious trick. While I was asleep, he would
quietly open the door, back up his bke until his exhust pipes
were right in my face, and kick the bike over. Well this
particlar bike ALWAYS backfired on the first kick when it was
cold, so I would get a faceful of black soot and ringing
headache when the POW! from the first kick hit me in the face.
Naturally I would shoot up in bed, usually letting loose with
a string of profanities, but by then, he had the engine
running and was out the door in cloud of blue smoke. And yes
to add to the indignity, I had to get up and shut the door....

Someday I'll have to tell the story about the poor
telemarketer that called wanting to come out and demonstrate a
carpet cleaning machine......... I'm sure that was a sales
call HE never forgot.
Ed