Re: Living Room Car

To: "LSR List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Living Room Car
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:23:14 -0800
I have two car in house stories:
Story 1,
     In 1963, when I was an apprentice tool and die maker at Lockheed, a
member of A. J. Watsons crew, George Holicheck (sp) took my brother and I on
a tour of racing type machine shops. One place we went to was Vince Conze's
place and I was just blown away. I addition to a machine shop where he was
making all kinds of race car parts, he had a house which was filled with
Offenhauser parts. Blocks, crankcases, cam towers everything, all stuck in
bedrooms and halls. I don't know if Vince actually lived in the house but it
was awsome for an Indy Roadster fanatic like me.
  Story 2
   One time the San Diego Roadster Club had a meeting at Nolan Whites house.
I don't remember if ti was our annual awards banquet  or the yearly lakes
duty drawing. When you entered Nolans house one side of the living room had
some curtains that you supposed covered a window. ---Not !!!!  there behind
a picture window was the streamliner in his garage with lights shining on
it. When I tell my wiffe this story she still wont let me put a 4' x 6 '
picture of the modified roadster over our fireplace.
Jim in Palmdale