RE: SBC geometry

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: RE: SBC geometry
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:51:10 -0600
Dave:
so you're saying longer rods aren't always better?  That certainly goes
contrary to many of the "spam" ads I'm getting these days!! (LOL)  --what,
you mean the rest of you aren't getting these ads?!!  oh.  never mind.

Seriously, that dissertation (on rod length/ stroke ratio)is one for my
Landspeed Notebook.  Best info I've found on the subject (and, I assure you,
this is the kind of info that I-- and many others on the list-- are
constantly searching for).  I have several engine design texts, and none of
them have anything this explicit on the effects of rod length (or
length/stroke ratio).  Keep it going-- I'm looking forward to this same kind
of thing on racing cam design/ selection!!!

Russ Mack

p.s.  in my class, 11,200 RPM doesn't even work STOCK valvegear very hard.
One mfg has a production model (for next year) running 15k.