Re: Honest Charley bit of Nostalgia

To: Bill Bennett <bennevl@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Honest Charley bit of Nostalgia
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 11:47:10 -0800 (PST)
Oh yeah, memories!  As a young lad in rural Massachusetts, the first time I
heard "Hearbreak Hotel", "Peggy Sue", and "Rock Around The Clock", they were on
the "Big John R Show" on WCKY in Cincinnati, and the sponsor was Honest
Charley's Speed Shop, "Atop Lookout Mountain, in Chatanooga, Tennessee".  I
already had one of his catalogs to compliment my Almquist "dream book".
Dick J IN East Texas
 Bill Bennett <bennevl@bellsouth.net> wrote:Ok I know some of the East Coast
guys on the list remember Honest Charley's
Speed Shop!
Well some time back someone bought the rights to the name. They own a custom
styling
business for MonteCarlo and ElCamino in Chattanooga, TN. Having been raised
as a teenager in Chattanooga, and my parents friends with Charley and his
familyhelped too. I spent many days wondering around there. Well it seems
the new owners want to keep alive a bit of this nostalgia. I came across
this link on there site. I now know a few items I want in my stocking for
Christmas.

http://www.honestcharley.com/hc%20nostalgia%20t-shirts.htm

Bill