Tubing notchers

To: wmtsmith@landracing.com
Subject: Tubing notchers
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 20:02:44 -0800 (PST)
A while back (hmmmmm, maybe a little over two years ago) a pretty good thread
got started on this list when I asked some questions about building a cage and
tubing benders.  During the responses, some of you guys had some strong
comments about tubing notchers too.  I copied all the cage-building, and
tube-bending stuff, but never saved the stuff on notchers.  Now, my buddy and I
are both ready to a notcher, and I wanna be sure we get the right stuff.  Heck,
I see them for $50 at Harbor Freight, and $250 at http://www.jointjigger.com/.
If I remember right, among others, John Beckett and Dr. Mayf had some specific
recommendations.  I'd sure appreciate any comments on these jigs.

Thanks,

Dick J In East Texas