Re: Freon (non-LSR)

To: "Glenn Ridlen" <gridlen@yahoo.com>, "Elon" <netstuff@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: Freon (non-LSR)
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 12:56:25 -0800
Glen,
    What has replaced Halon for computer room fire protection? This
application has to be the biggest user.  At the old lazy L we had a Halon
system for the main computer facility that had four bottles about five feet
tall and two feet in diameter.
Jim in Palmdale

> R123. R134a, and R22 are still manufactured here and last time I checkd
there was still lots of recycled (remanufactured) R11 and R12 available in
this country. I have not checked on Halon but I suspect there is still some
available if you need to charge an old system. I would not, however, build a
new system for it now because it is expensive and will get higher til it's
all gone.

Glenn