stealimg records

To: "answer landracing" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: stealimg records
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (Pork Pie)
Date: 14 Dec 2002 20:51 GMT
you never steal a record - this is only competition.
When we start in 96 to go for the record in our class, the record was 178 mph
on gas - in August it was Jack Costella or Jim True with #988 to push the
record to 198 - in September, we was the first time ever on the salt with our
racer and set in the 4th run (ever) a new record with just 200.
97 we was back in August and we brought my two team partner in the 200 club
with 8th run - 216 mph and with the 10th run 225 mph (on fuel) and into the
record book. In September 97 we was good enough to run one way to 251 (fuel)
but the rain killed everything. October 99 we run 218 mph again on Gas. 2001 -
Jim True in August went 227 (fuel) and his wife Mary 224(gas) I was maybe one
of the first who congratulate. October 2001 Jim run 248 (253 FIA) on fuel.

I helped Jim to get his engine in parts for the check that he get his
certification - after Mary blew the engine - she runs a unbelievable 245 on gas
but the return run ends before the measured mile. Need us a while to get her
smile back in the face. I was so disappointed as she was.
Two months before she was on the end of the 6th mile at my camera stand and
didn't understood why she can't get the grip to go over 200 and I explained her
how she has to pedal to get the grip back. The next run was good enough to
qualify for the return run.

And there we talk about stealing records - if you have no competitor you never
know how fast you can go really.

Let us go for another record.

See ya

Pork Pie