Clutching question

To: "LSR-List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutching question
From: "Elon" <netstuff@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:40:00 -0800
I have been going through both the Tilton and Quartermaster catalogs
regarding clutches.  Every package includes one of their special bell
housings.  There are no scatter shields offered. The rear mounted
starter seams to exclude the use of a shield.  I find that odd but do
all of the circle cars run without a scatter shield?

SCTA rules require a scatter shield. So can one of the 5" or 7", multi
disk clutches be used with a Lakewood bell housing AND a hydraulic
throw-out bearing?  The hydraulic bearings seem to require a precision
set-up. Your experience is appreciated.  -Elon