RE: Another Statistic (part 2)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Another Statistic (part 2)
From: DahMurf <dahmurf_xl@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:29:11 -0800 (PST)
(third try, here's part 2)
...Unfortunately my dad passed on when I was 23 & then
my mom when I was 25, they both passed away at the
young age of 48. I've worked for the last 13 years as
a computer programmer but again, never lost the lust
for the mechanics. Over the past 15 years my lust for
the hot rod turned to my lust for the motorcycle.
Yeah, dad had one of them too way back when I was too
little to remember! I do remember my mom telling the
story of my dad being run off the road & how he had to
get rid of it cause it was too dangerous & he had a
family & kids! LOL And I still remember my first ride
on a motorcycle around our house when I was 6 or so!
My sister got bit by the motorcycle bug first & then
me. Now I ride my motorcycle as my daily commuter.
After trying unsuccessfully to find a good mechanic
for my bike I found myself back in the garage tools in
hand. Funny how I've always owned more tools then any
of the guys I ever dated... well until I met Todd! LOL
So after a long and unsuccessful search I found a
great mechanic who at the time was just getting
started with Land Speed Racing and where did I end up,
being his pit crew, again tools in hand! (Ok, so I'm
not the pink dress frilly girly type!) So, one thing
leads to another (hehehe) & now we have a motorcycle
shop and are still Land Speed Racing. I had my first
go at the racing in October where I got my first
record. (M/PG-250 at 76.489). Lots of fun & if we can
swing it (we have TONS of work to do!), we'll both be
racing our bikes next year. But as I said at the
beginning, I'm quite envious of you. My dad was a
machinist by trade & mechanic by hobby. It would have
been really awesome to have him by my side, in my pit
& at our shop. But I guess you could say I have the
next best thing & two little angels to watch over me
as I race.
Murf aka Debbie, the 35 year old female