RE: Another Statistic (part 1)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Another Statistic (part 1)
From: DahMurf <dahmurf_xl@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:27:35 -0800 (PST)
(third try, I'm going to split this in two. Here's
part 1)
>Katie wrote: Well, Todd (and anyone else who doesn't
know me)-- I am the 34 yr. old female on this list. I
run two cars with my dad. ... : - ) Katie Young Cortez

 Hey Katie, Great intro I must say I'm quite envious
of your ability to race with your dad! I grew up a
tomboy helping my dad wrench on the family vehicles as
well as the Pontiac Lemans that was built for the
quarter mile and then run on the street. Not for long
tho, both mom & dad had trouble keepin their foot out
of it so they decided they needed to get rid of it!
hehehe Both my mom & dad used to drag race at the end
of the highway while it was being built when they were
teens. (That would be RT 287 near Booton, NJ for
anyone from the area) I was affectionately known as
"my son murf" by my dad! I swore I was going to be an
auto mechanic "when I grew up". I still remember my
8th grade school counselor telling me that I would
change my mind and that being a mechanic was a messy
job and all the usual male chauvinistic crap! When I
got my drivers license I owned two different '69 Mach
I's. The first one had a 390 & a high performance
clutch I could barely push in! It would spin the tires
in all four gears. I had a blast driving to work! At
the time we had a whole yard full of Mustang cars! Mom
drove a truck when woman didn't drive trucks & then
Mom drove a Mustang when Mom's didn't drive hot rods.
And then I followed suit & got the usual, Girls
shouldn't drive hot rods... (rolling eyes) whatever!
Somehow I never lost the lust for all things
mechanical (despite how hard the men tried! hehehe)...