Re: The Devil Made Me Do It (TC)

To: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: The Devil Made Me Do It (TC)
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 14:40:41 -0500
anything that is on a production car available to the general public as far as
suspension and control systems is legal on any racing car.. either mechanical or
electronic.. End of problem.

 Lets go racing and shorten the rule book to pertinent things such as engine
size fuel and cage construction.. It is basically un police able anyway, and if
it could be it is so vague as to be silly. It is a po taaa toes --- po ta toes
kind of thing. all in the pronunciation and interpretation.. What about drive by
wire.. what do you do with the toe strap. If it were so unsafe do you really
think the DOT would allow it on the road? The seat belts we mandate are not even
DOT approved.. These are racing cars they are supposed to be innovative not
retro cars. Every one I know that races cars is always very proud how
developments from racing make road cars better.. I think we have a problem when
my mom has a more sophisticated car both mechanically and electronically than a
streamliner going 400 mph..

Active suspension, Drive by wire, traction control, ABS just to name a few..

Dave