New Years Wishes STAY SAFE !

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: New Years Wishes STAY SAFE !
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 16:23:59 -0800 (PST)
After returning home from Vietnam, I graduated from the Miami Florida Police
academy in November 1971.  Only a rookie of two months, I had to work a double
shift on New Years Eve. I have not been intoxicated, nor have I driven anywhere
on New Years Eve since that experience.  Even though I was in Special Forces in
Vietnam for the entire year of 1970, I saw and handled more mangled, dead
bodies on that one eve in Miami than I had the entire prior year in combat.
Celebrate??  Hell, it's planned, attempted suicide!  For many, it will be
successful suicide.  And for those who survive the masacre?  They will
certainly suffer more the next morning than it's worth.

If you're not going to take my advice and stay sober at home, at least be sure
you have a damned good designated driver.  Hell, we know, there are a lot
better places to drive than on a highway full of drunks!

Have a safe and happy holiday.

Dick J In East Texas