Re: wisdom or not wisdom

To: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>,
Subject: Re: wisdom or not wisdom
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:13:08 -0700
Jonathan,
I have an aerodynamic book that says" with a given nose shape and a given
tail shape, adding additional length only adds skin friction drag"
I believe the book title was " Automotive Aerodynamics by Joseph Katts. They
also talk about a convergent angle on the rear of the car should not exceed
7 degrees at any point and show examples of CD's of different shapes. A 3 to
1 teardrop has a significantly higher Cd if you put the point forward which
implies that getting out of the air is more critical than getting in it.
Take it for what it cost you.
Howard Nafzger