Re: Aerodynamics

To: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>,
Subject: Re: Aerodynamics
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (Pork Pie)
Date: 06 Jan 2003 03:54 GMT
Howard, you be right, when you say that one degrees make NEARLY NO different.
When you go from 6 to 7 degrees, the positive effect of the 7 degrees is
smaller than the 6 degrees.
You can read all this in a bigger book, written from Willibald Kamm, based on
investigations which was done by Kamm and Reinhard von Koenig-Fachsenfeld.
Reinhard was the real innovator in aerodynamic, but Kamm got the Patent on all
the aerodynamic laws (by order of the Third Reich bosses). I don't know if this
book was ever published in English. I got the luck that 20 years ago I got the
chance to read a very old copy (owned by the University of Stuttgart-Vaihingen,
there where Willibald worked). There is no explaination where the different
comes from, but all the graphics and mathematic results showed the different.
May be the reason, that in the most aerodynamic books there is no information
about, due to this that they are normally specialized on automotive or on
aeroplane.
By the way, I remember that you agreed to the 6 degree rule, when we discussed
this at Black Rock in 1997.
Sorry, I never got a chance to make a copy from this book and also I never saw
(later) a copy of this book again.

All the best

Pork Pie