EFI timing

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: EFI timing
From: Nigel Shaw <lft@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 22:09:38 +1300
List,
        A question from a 'back ground lurker' who intends to me more active
this year.
    Injection timing as applied to a sequential efi setup. Is there some 'rule
of thumb' as to how much before the inlet valve closes to where the 'End Of
Injection' point should be set? I guess there's no simple answer as I suppose
it's related to piston speed, piston area, inlet port area, distance from
injector to inlet valve.
    At low duty cycles when all of the fuel can be injected when the inlet
valve is open seems kinda straight forward but my max duty cycle is around 80%
so the 'Start Of Injection' has to be such that I'm shooting at the back of a
closed valve in order to get all the fuel in before the valve shuts. This is
with a MoTeC M8 ECU. Not afraid to crunch some numbers here....just need a
starting point.
    I promise to try and keep future posts a little more concise.

Nigel S.....Down in NZ and doing it hard on the first day back at work for the
year.