Re: EFI timing

To: Nigel Shaw <lft@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: EFI timing
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 05:29:52 -0500
Factors to consider..
injector placement
rpm
airspeed in manifold and heads

typically the standard maps supplied with the M8 or M48 are close enough to be
of little concern for the baseline tuning. While on the dyno and the baseline
established. Air fuel ratio reasonable approx. 13.0 to 13.5 for a NA engine and
the ign timing set for best power and no more, move the injector timing around.
If it makes the air fuel ratio richer you are going in the right direction. just
trim the fuel up as you go along. Also leave the default setting for setting the
timing for the injector closing. A rpm only based map is fine as well as we are
not concerned with mileage only peak power at WOT. At 80 or 90 % duty cycle the
ECU is no longer sequential either and there is very little to gain.
Dave