Re: Bob Higbee

To: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Bob Higbee
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 07:37:46 -0800
I have known Bob for the last forty-five years, and worked with him many
of those years. He was a true hot rodder, dedicated to our sport. A
person concerned about our safety (even in his weakened condition this
year, on about half of our runs he felt the need to reach into the car
and tug our driver's shoulder harness. Bob was a smiling face, (that is
without a doubt the most recognized in our sport), the perpetual
Sergeant at Arms on SCTA's Board of Directors for many years. Always on
the starting line at all our meets. Behind the scenes, he helped drag
and set up the course, and was ready for what ever else needed to be
done. Just an all around "Great Guy". We will all miss him, and I am
sure many of us will see him in our minds eye the next time we get ready
to leave the starting line.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC