Re: Teardrop, Aerodynamics, Length Rule and All That

To: "Paul Batts" <xlwp@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Teardrop, Aerodynamics, Length Rule and All That
From: <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 19:01:37 -0500
Paul,
Thanks for you efforts?

On a true tear drop would the degree curve not continue untill the two
intersect?  I am asking for I surley don't know..

When you transition from straight smooth sides to the closing at the rear of
the body how abrupt can the trasition be?  Is this where the 6=7% applies?

What ratio of body width to rear taper length should one try to obtain? The
aero challenged one!!!!wmts