Re: Teardrop, Aerodynamics, Length Rule and All That

To: <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, "land speed list"
Subject: Re: Teardrop, Aerodynamics, Length Rule and All That
From: "Paul Batts" <xlwp@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:29:07 -0500
From: <wmtsmith@landracing.com>

> On a true tear drop would the degree curve not continue untill the two
intersect?  I am asking for I surley don't know..

> When you transition from straight smooth sides to the closing at the rear
of the body how abrupt can the trasition be?  Is this where the 6=7%
applies?

> What ratio of body width to rear taper length should one try to obtain?
The aero challenged one!!!!wmts

wmts, I am equally challenged.
These are my questions as well.
I can draw a little but I ain't no engineer :-)

PB
old biker dude in Virginia

---