Re: Aerodynamics

To: <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Aerodynamics
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:34:27 -0800
Don't know how fast it would fall, but it has a terminal velocity. My guess
is pretty slow compared to high speed cars. The way to figure terminal
velocity is to set the weight equal to drag equal to the aero equation. That
would tell us how fast. Then knowing that use
V = Vo + at and S = 1/2 *a* t^2  and that would tell us how far it would
have to fall to reach that speed.  As to what shape it would take at a much
higher speed? Don't know...

mayf