Re: Aerodynamics

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aerodynamics
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:49:18 -0800
RE: AerodynamicsWell, I am gonna try and take some high speed pix of a falling
rain drop. Since I live in Pahrump, it might take a while to actually find a
rain drop. I have my wife sit on the tall ladder while I try and capture one
from an eyedropper. Will try colored water, alcohol, motor oil or? I do think
that the shape changes some but probably only aorund it's terminal velocity.
If I use a sphere as the shape, then I can get a Drag coefficient and
calculate the speed and the distance it needs to fall for max speed. Stay
tuned...

mayf