Re: cam bearings clearances

To: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Subject: Re: cam bearings clearances
From: Doug Odom <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:57:44 -0800
    Scott,     No NO No   You fit the bearing to the cam not the cam to the
bearing!
    Sometimes you have to scrape the bearing. Most times you can get clearance
with a 3 M type pad. The bearing makers say anything from .0005 to .0045 is OK.
I like about .002 myself. You should always be able to turn the cam with our
fingers.
        Doug Odom in warm big ditch   72 deg.