Re: F1 Racers Traction Control and stuff

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: F1 Racers Traction Control and stuff
From: Brian Mullaney <mullaneb@mccc.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 14:18:32 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Dick J wrote:

> in effect next year. ---------------------------------------Driver's
> are actually going to start doing more of the driving ---car to pit

I must of missed all the cars that drove themselves. I guess some teams
just couldn't afford them.

> telemetry - eliminated from 2004 ---radio communication between team
> and driver to be allowed provided 1. the system is stand-alone and
> cannot transmit other data and 2. the communications are open and
> accessible to the FIA and broadcasters ---traction control and

I guess they don't want anyone to have any sort of strategy discussion on
the radio - back to hand signals I guess...

> also heard that they'll go back to using slicks instead of tread. NO
> MORE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS! So, the drivers WILL be driving their

I guess I was dreaming when I was watching them use the shifter paddles

I thought these were supposed to be the best racing machines in the world,
but I guess Bernie the King has been watching NASCAR WC lately.

By the end of the F1 season, your average SUV will have better electronics
on board.

All in the name of "saving money" and "equality"
(When was F1 ever about saving money & equal cars?)

Brian