Bike Video

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bike Video
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:29:46 -0500
I've changed computers -- the list address isn't in this one, so I hope this
gets through.

I'm appreciating the thread on on-bike videos especially 'cause I've got
plans for the '03 season.  The local video shop (viosport.com) will supply
the camera and recorder, and I'll take the data from the DTA computer on the
bike to build a "virtual dashboard" that we'll display on teh bottom of the
screen.  If it all works right it'll be about as close as you can get to
driving the bike Throttle position, gear selection, other engine data (but
no TC!)-- without the hassle of long lines at Speedweek.  Maybe I can get
Cris Shearer to share some of the stuff she records at the far end, too.

Remember, I'm televisonless, so it's more of an experiment with me than it
might be for most folks.

Vibration?  Hey, I never thought about that being a problem.  Noise?  Hey, a
straight pipe oughta sound decent over the speaker system, and maybe we'll
put a mike inside my helmet so all can hear my hyperventilating and "Whoa,
Shit!" as I meander towards Glen's timing lights. . .

Nancy and I leave this Thursday to pick up her bike (from Indianapolis) and
take both her EX250 and my ZX12R to Lee Shierts in Charlotte for to be
breathed upon by him.

Whoo, boy, this is gonna be a good year.

Jon

Seldom Seen Slim LSR, Marquette, where it got above zero for a while
yesterday.