RE: Radio communication

To: "'Bryan Savage'" <basavage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Radio communication
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:09:04 -0600
Bryan;

Those X-10 cameras are intended for only about 100ft transmission so they
aren't suitable for remote video transmission.  It is possible to do voice,
video or data telemetry over any distance that's desired-- it's only a
matter of money. Just like speed = $, it's also distance = $. Telemetry
range is a function of transmitter power, receiver sensitivity, and antenna
gain.

There are pieces of equipment that pop up on the surplus market from time to
time that would transmit & receive remote telemetry but it would still
require a major effort to do it properly. I'm afraid the FCC would take a
dim view of the frequencies of most of that surplus stuff, though.

Regards,  Neil