Status Reprot

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Status Reprot
From: "Saltrat" <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2003 19:10:32 -0800
Hi Gang,
Sorry about not communicating. Been busy......brother have I
been busy.
Putting up the shop here in Pahrump while staying at Dr. Mayf's.
He said that he was helping a little......well a bunch more than
a little! Dale Pulju is helping too. Couldn't do it without these
guys!!!!
The shop needs to be built first so that there is a place to
put the house furnishings when the house in Texas sells.
Anybody need a nice place in the pines with a great shop?
Anyway, we must sell the Texas place before we can build the
house in Pahrump. Has something to do with 2 house payments,
etc, etc.
Hauled the shop out here from Oklahoma where I picked it up from
Indaco Metals. This summer you will see "Team Indaco" emblazoned
on the liner. This should be a wonderful "sponsor/friend" relationship
for the forseeable future. The rear body is finished and now
that the rear tires are enclosed, the "Desert Rose" should go
a little faster. Need the shop for that too!
I had no idea how heavy the loaded trailer was until I tried
to stop it on a down-grade.....we weighed it the other day and
the total was 27,500 lbs. 6300 of that is truck. Not very smart
on my part!!!! As far a progress goes:
The posts are up and the girts (they are what the siding fastens
to)are welded in. Tomorrow the first truss goes up and then the
others and the siding/roofing and then back to Texas. Before
returning and when the rain stops and the ground dries out a
little, will move the 5th Wheel over to the "ranch" as Mayf calls
it. The slab for the house should be poured in a day or two and
then we stop until the Texas house sells.
That's about it for now......Happy Valentines Day.
Skip

Skip Higginbotham