Radio telemetry

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radio telemetry
From: "chrispile" <chrispile@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:56:33 -0600
List -

All the Formula One, CART, and IRL teams are using radio telemetry back to the
pits from their race cars.
You may have attended a race here in the USA where a helicopter hovers high
over the track for the duration of the event - they are serving as the radio
receiver/transmitter for telemetry.
 Most of that stuff is low-power and won't broadcast around hills or
grandstands (line of sight only). At Bonneville there are no hills and no
grandstands to interfere.
Anybody have connections to ALMS, Grand Am Series, SCCA Pro, or others who use
this technology?

On another subject - I have consulted my Lexicon of Motive Jargon and can find
no reference to the term "gixxer". May I have a clue, please?

Chris Pile aka aircap