RE: time only saftey requirements

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: time only saftey requirements
From: Twin Jugs Cycle <twinjugsharley@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:27:09 -0800 (PST)
Mike wrote
> Safety is a good place to overbuild.

Glen wrote
> safety is safety, we cut no corners for anyone.

Halaluya!
Every small piece of a design all the way to the final
build should have the first question asked "is it
safe?". If it's not safe it's not worth the material
it's made of and has no business being on either a
licensed highway or a sanctioned track.

I don't think Bob was trying to see if he can cut
corners, but instead see if it was the speed of the
determined class or the actual speed capability of the
vehicle that determined safety gear needed when in a
time only run(IE - doing 125 in a 200+mph class?). I'd
imagine class adherence is class adherence and what
Glen wrote would make most sense.
Todd Dross