Re: Nyloc nuts, safety wire and cotter pins

To: richk@spartajunction.com
Subject: Re: Nyloc nuts, safety wire and cotter pins
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:45:03 +0000
Rich, and others...

I've always gone by the old adage, two uses.... toss it.  That is, tighten
once, use once again, toss it out.  But thats not too scientific now is it ?
  -not when life is at stake...

So I just looked in my McMaster-Carr catalog on the desk here, and here's
what a really QUICK survey turned up:

pg. 2807     DEFORMED THREAD LOCKNUTS  There are 6 kinds listed...

pg.2809-2811   STEEL, & NYLON INSERT LOCKNUTS  Theres also one I'd never
seen before; a BRASS INSERT LOCKNUT ...now theres one for salt use -maybe ?

I'm partial to "GRADE C LOCKNUTS" myself -they're a pinched top steel
locknuts...  -Of which I did not find in there in a quick search...  but
they MUST have them I'm thinkin'

Best bet, for anyone needing them though, would be to go to their website
and dig around a little.  I'm sure you can learn a bunch in a hurry

                     > www.mcmaster.com <

Hope that helps...

                    Other folks have any input ?

Signin' off,-it's your pal,"Dirt Track Doug"
                              ...STILL in exile, in So-New YaWK

(THE one & only ) Mechanical Engineering Technician,
                      Custom Electronics Inc.