Re: mechanical cams

To: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Subject: Re: mechanical cams
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:26:55 -0500
What type of cam is the new one?? If a flat tappet cam make sure the lifters
rotate when you spin the cam with a speed wrench and no push rods. Easiest way
to do that is to put a magic marker line on all the lifts and start cranking..
If they do not rotate then the cam is either ground wrong or not set at the
proper depth in the block. With a roller or flat tappet make sure the end
clearance is not over 0.010 and less is better with a roller type thrust button
so the ignition timing sits still.
Dave