Re: mechanical cams

To: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mechanical cams
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:01:04 -0800 (PST)
Be really careful about valve lash.  Set it according to the cam card.  Run it
and get it good and hot.  Then re-set it.  Check lash frequently.  Some of us
are either not as good a mechanic as we think we are, or we might be lazy or
something (hee hee hee), but I've noticed that the clearances in my motor are
different every time I check them.  Either sloppy setting the first time, or a
not so tight lock nut.  The damn thing is, I've got nobody but myself to blame!
Dick J In East Texas
 Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu> wrote:Well, I finally got my cam in the
engine, lifters too.Anything I should
focus on with this type of cam as opposed to a hydraulic, other than being
careful about valve lash? Scott