Re: Pahrump in the spotlight. OT....

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Pahrump in the spotlight. OT....
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 05:45:52 -0700
We skied at Deer Valley yesterday and it was obvious where they had made
snow and where there was natural snowfall.  Those brown hills in the
distance are usually white this time of year.

Not worried about water for the golf course?  That's what you get for living
in the East where you have lots of snow.  Out here in the desert we are
seeing blurbs on TV every night warning about the impending problems of less
than sufficient water.  The weathermen are quoting figures of 35-56% of
normal snowpack in some areas and the whole state is around 60% of normal
snowpack.  This is the 5th year of a drought for us and some of the
reservoirs will need more than five years of excess water to return to a
"normal" condition.  Right now the floods of '83 don't look so bad.  We
would gladly take the storm you're getting in the next few days.

Those "girls" down the street from mayf may be cleaning up with Wet Ones at
the 19th hole if we don't get more snow.

Good thing Keith can bring his Diet Coke from Alabama where they can melt
the freezing rain for water.

Wes

on 2/28/03 4:16 AM, Dave Dahlgren at ddahlgren@snet.net wrote:

> Water?? I think most of the 'playing' will be at the "19th hole" ... If you
> are
> worried about the water for the golf course you are getting to old mentally..
> LOL
> Close you eyes and figure out where you would be playing if you were in your
> 20's.. :>)
> Dave
>
> W S Potter wrote:
>>
>> Would Amsterdam West be easier to remember than Pahrump?  Could give a whole
>> new meaning to the term "Dutch Treat" ... but where would they get the water
>> for a $42,000,000 golf course?
>>
>> Wes
>>
>> on 2/27/03 8:32 AM, John Szalay at john.szalay@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>>
>>> Well,  Pahrump made the national news ...
>>>

>>> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030227/ap_on_re_us/broth
>>> el
>>> _tax_9