Re: Car canopy/testimonial

To: Russel Mack <rtmack@concentric.net>,
Subject: Re: Car canopy/testimonial
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 11:25:40 -0700
My Harbor Freight jack isn't used as frequently as many jacks are used ...
should predictable create problems with the seals I'd think ... but it is
ten years old and hasn't leaked yet. More than that, they shipped it from
the high desert in California to me at no additional cost over the $40
something it was selling for.  (That was before they opened a store 3 miles
from me.)  Now that's more than I can say for the oil can with a flexible
spout I bought at Harbor Freight that leaked after the second use, but for
many uses their stuff does what you'd expect.  If you watch their sales and
if you can see the merchandise I think you won't be disappointed.  I know
some of their brushes that were 25" each have been in use with ceramic
glazes for around 5 years now in a school situation.  That's much better
than predicted endurance.

That said, there are some things you want to last and endure and I'll go
where I know I can find them too.  If durability isn't a requirement I'd
rather go there and pay less than at Checker or Pep Boys for similar stuff.
And  none of the three will put a poster in their window advertising our
races.

Wes