Re: List Info ( time to Fess up Buckwheat )

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
From: "Jim Belford" <jimbelford@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 12:13:46 -0700
Wes,

Thanks for the info. When we get a little closer I plan on doing some
testing on I-80 between Salt Lake and Wendover (I Live in Roy, UT). I figure
I can pull off to the side at a mile marker and see how fast I'm going at
the next marker (when there are no cars in sight of course). I also thought
about going to Rocky Mountain Raceway to get some quarter mile times this
spring. Do you have any hints for inexpensive ways to increase
power-traction-acceleration. I have recently put a K&N air filter in and
some of the hotter 4-prong spark plugs. Stock it is about 225 HP, it is
fairly aerodynamic, and weighs about 3500 lbs.
My long term goal (2-3 years) when I replace the Stealth with a new primary
car is to strip it down and turn it into a true land speed racer. I thought
the body style is very aerodynamic, it looks sporty, and it is fairly heavy
for traction. My plan is to buy a high HP motor to drop into it. The problem
is, I don't have any experience with what else I would have to do to the
vehicle (transmission, axle, drive train, etc.) to make it a feasible,
competitive, land speed racer.

Any ideas or help from you or the list would be appreciated.

Jim