shift points at Maxton

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: shift points at Maxton
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:06:50 -0700
    My new camshaft will allow the engine to rev approximately 600 rpm
higher than last year, and has a little more lift and duration. So would I
probably be better to raise my shift point in 1st and 2nd gear on my 3-speed
automatic so that 3rd gear starts at a higher rpm , or should I worry about
getting the car in to high gear as fast as possible, with the obvious goal,
in either scenario, of being able to use some of this new rpm potential in
3rd gear to mraise my trap speed ?  Scott, planning for the April meet.