Re: Urethane bushings

To: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>, LIST <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Urethane bushings
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:36:28 -0800 (PST)
I'm not sure about salt-specific wisdom, but in the Camaro that I run at Maxton
it made a world of difference.  The stock, worn, rubber bushings made the car
really unmanagable at speed.  So much so that the first time I ran it I
trailered it after one run because it wanted to float and wander too much.  I
replaced the control arm and spring bushings with urethane, and it made all the
difference in the world.  I remember back in the stone age, my girlfriends dad
used to make brash bushings for his stockcar and claimed that it made it handle
like the car was on rails.  I'm thinking about trying some brass bushings in my
next car.  They won't last 100,000 miles, but then - - - I'm not planning on
racing it for 100,000 miles either!
Dick J In East Texas
 Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com> wrote:List

What is current wisdom on plastic vs rubber control arm bushings for the salt?
Is there any benefit to useing the urethane...also on the sway bar?

Inquireing minds again Glenn