Maxtom Monster Mile Opener

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxtom Monster Mile Opener
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:22:35 -0500
Common Guys, those of us who can't make this event feel left out of any
Restaurant Frollicks - 'bout time Keith produced the '16' T shirt for that
Sept 2001 one .......... unless it gets topped in '03!  I think JB needs to
keep these racers in order after hours too!

Would have been fun to be in the parking lot of the Pine Acres telling
stories about past events and hearing about future plans.  (My UK land
speed records still stand but the boat project is moving ahead only
slowly).

Having made just one Maxton event so far, it is tough having to wait for
reports from the list on this first LSR activity of the year in the
'Northern Sector'.  Lake Gairdner in March is still on the list of visits
to come (someday).

Speed action in the UK is somewhat limited for 2003 although there is
plenty of 'chat' from those wanting to break records - vehicles vary from
250cc Karts, through 300mph electric streamliners to aero engined beast -
but no fixed dates for attempts.  MG Rover and the So-Cal speed shop have
the ZT-T station wagon for Bonneville, targeting the production record
speeds.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England (weather here is fine for racing, dry and
'good' air)