SCTA motorcycle modified wheelbase maximum

To: "LSR List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: SCTA motorcycle modified wheelbase maximum
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:22:02 -0500
I heard this has changed for 2003, can anyone verify and possibly know what
brought on the rule change? It was 72" and I've come to hear it changed to
68". I've just spent my winter building a bike that adjusts from 68.5" to
70"(not to mention alot of other things to fit into the modified class) and
need to know so I can decide if I'm going to change this or run in a
different class(which will entail changing alot of other things to take full
advantage of the class change). And of course I'm  curious of what would
bring on a chassis length change. Ecta has been trying to follow suit as much
as possible and I've tried to do whatever I have to so I'm able to run at
both Maxton and Bonneville. TIA for any knowledge or thoughts on this.
Todd-