Land Grab

To: Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Land Grab
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 09:21:57 -0800
List,

I received this in an email this morning and thought, in my view, it
gave a good explanation our military conquest in Iraq.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by
the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example
of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States has sent
many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for
freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked
for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.