Re: 12v tach on 6v system

To: ddahlgren@snet.net
Subject: Re: 12v tach on 6v system
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:38:48 -0500
> what kind of tach is it and is it made to hook up to a points style
> system?? A lot of tachs need an adapter to connect to different
> ignition systems.. Dave
*Simple standard tach(will stick with it for this conversation to not cause
confusion with the one I will eventually put on it), these tachs work on
points or electronic systems I've had them on as long as it's 12v. The
adapters(which I carry a few different styles of) are mainly for single fire
systems(systems that fire each spark plug only once rather then using wasted
spark). I thought I may need to try one if I got a half rpm reading on this
working(which I fully expected as it's a single cylinder motor, and possibly
this is my problem), but haven't got that far. I guess the basic question
was, is there a way to get 6volts to trigger a 12v tach. I will go back to
testing and let you know if I figure anything out or bypass the experiment
and just change over to 12v a little sooner then planned, thanks.
Todd Dross