Re: 12v tach on 6v system

To: todd <todd@twinjugs.com>
Subject: Re: 12v tach on 6v system
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 05:36:40 -0500
A relay will never be fast enough. A transistor would be though. If this is a
points type system that will be off the negitive side of the coil then the
flyback from the coil will be more than enough to trigger it. Have you tried
hooking up the tach to 6 volts and seeing if it works yet? I doubt if it would
hurt it in any way. It will just be a 12 volt system with a low battery.
Dave