FIA/ACCUS

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FIA/ACCUS
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:21:47 -0700
Here are my final words on the matter...well actually first and last. Aren't
they sanctioning bodies only? What this means to me is that they are to try
and assure a level playing field and that records made conform to a
particular category or rule. I don't suspect that they should promote
anything anywhere. Sorta like the Guiness Book of Records. They just provide
the law and order. What is curious to me is that the 3 major clubs
(SCTA-BNI, USFRA, ECTA), that conduct LSR here in the colonies, do not have
their own rep(s) to the sanctioning bodies. For the SCTA-BNI/USFRA meets,
Dan Warner should be lead sanctioner (if that is a word). What it amounts to
is the racer or record setter complies with the rules under which the record
was set. The only thing on any record shold be "certified by the FIA" or
"Certified  by ACCUA". Then that would tell the world or anyone else (aliens
at area 51 maybe?) that there was no hanky panky going on with setting the
record. Like the book of records..they don't give a hoot who set the
"record" only that it complies with the rules as decided by the contestants
themselves.

I don't know who the FIA/ACCUS folk here are but it sure would seem that a
concerted approach to them to make their jobs easier by assuming the aspect
of LSR record certification would be received satisfactorily. MAybe... No in
all respects, I don't care at all. I am never going to set a record in a
car, never you mind anything else.

So how do we get a set of instructions on what it takes to be a sanctioner?
THEY must have something that qualifies the Inspectors..

mayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in PAHrump where nopbody cares...

Oh, there are now 4 of us here, Skip, Dale, Gary and me (2 real racers and 2
wannabies)