Re: Beer Tax Party and the Salt ?

To: Bill Pokey Bennett <bennevl@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Beer Tax Party and the Salt ?
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 21:16:04 -0600
They dressed up in period costumes and tapped of several kegs, thereby
polluting the Great Salt Lake with some 3.2 beer.

The guy is from Park City.  If  you lived in Salt Lake you would appreciate
the implications of that statement.  The place has changed considerably
since 1902 when my dad was born up there.  In those days it was a roaring,
rich lode of silver ore.  In dollar value of silver taken out of the ground,
it far exceeded the Comstock Lode.  Today it is a playground for the rich.
Highest average income in the state, the price for the bulk of the homes is
well over half a million.  The shop and ski resort employees can't afford to
live there.  Most of the new residents are very anti-Mormon and consider
themselves to be a place apart from the rest of the "peasants" in the state.

Utah has been cracking down on alcohol related driving problems and with 3.2
beer you have to drink a lot to get to the .08 legal limit for drunk
driving.  Makes alcohol of any kind a target for the legislature to tax.

Having lost two good friends to drunk drivers I'd support anything to get
impared drivers off the road.  Get a designated driver if you intend to
drink too much!

Wes