FIA part one a

To: "list answer" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FIA part one a
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (Pork Pie)
Date: 13 Apr 2003 20:36 GMT
Hi Folks, I don't know if this went thru, but I never got the response from
the list server so I split ist again

some information to the FIA and there earlier organization who took care for
the "official" World Land Speed Record.

In the beginning, means 1898, there was no international organization who
tooks care, but due to this that the first records (and records attempts) was
set in France - the A.C.F.
took care - the was the automobil club of France - all records to 1902 was set
under there rules.
In 1903, the first time, (this was speed set by C. Rolls from Rolls & Roce
fame) a other organzation accept a record, as the A.C.F. - this was a British
organization - A.C.G.B.I. - and from there on the sh.. began.
The A.C.F. said, that they are the only organization in the world who got the
rights to certified a record and to say that the equipment was correct
installed and used.

Also two other records in the same year recognized by the British and one by
the Belgian R.A.C.B. was ignored by A.C.F.

>From 1904 on, the American origanization A.A.A. went into the same trouble
with the A.C.F.
All records set in the states was ignored by the A.C.F.

The first record - set in the USA - which was recognized and certified by the
A.C.F. was
Fred Marriott's record in 1906 at Daytona Beach - very interested was, that
the A.A.A. also certified the record - but they accept the higher speed over
the flying mile - the A.C.F. accept only the lower kilo speed.

To 1909 the A.C.F. was changed to A.I.A.C.R. - same place, same country, same
arrogance.

Part one b follows

Pork Pie