Re: Hello from the UK

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Hello from the UK
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 08:13:32 -0700
Matthew,

I want to welcome you also. This is a network of many people from all
walks of life. The experience and knowledge that is available here is
mind boggling. Lots of us have learned from many years of running down
the "long black line", others are professionals that bring deep
knowledge of the engines, the race car chassis, and the safety that
makes up a race car.

I have been running at Bonneville for more than 45 years, first in "D"
altered roadster classes and since 1980 in "D" competition coupe
classes. It has been a great experience, one that so many dream of and
never make the effort or have the ability to fulfill.

This is a sport that keeps most of us humble, the others, I guess, just
don't recognize their lack of knowledge. After 45 years chasing speed, I
certainly haven't learned all I need to know to reach my goals. I have
made a few contributions to this network, but I have learned far more
from this group of people that are will to share their knowledge.

I know that it is more difficult for you to make it to a Bonneville meet
than for us on this side of the pond, but, even if you can't compete
right now, come as a spectator. If you have a love for fast car, you
will never regret the sacrifice. It will likely be difficult not to
return with a car.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC