FIA record holders

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FIA record holders
From: Ugo Fadini <ugo@ugofadini.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 00:09:13 +0200
Before the discussion of the FIA vs the World topic dies, I thought I
should complete Malcolm's list of american FIA International record
holders with the names of a few SCTA racers that have not been
mentioned so far, probably because they are no longer listed, since
their records have been taken away in the meantime. I think they
should not be forgotten:

- George Hill, as early as 1952 with the City of Burbank streamliner,
the first hot-rodder ever to set a FIA International record (story
and figures at http://www.ugofadini.com/hilldavisstory.html)
- Leroy Neumayer (driving Chet Herbert's Beast IV)
- Dana Fuller (on the earlier Beast, then equipped with a diesel engine)
- Mal Hooper (with the famous Shadoff Spl.)
- Bob Bowen (again with the  Shadoff Spl., but years later)
Then, in the sixties, Fred Larsen, Bob Herda and Mickey Thompson, all
of which have been mentioned here before, and, in the seventies, Bill
Snyder with the Corsair/Thermo King diesel streamliner

In adddition, Cal Rice and Ed Cortopassi set standing start records
with thir dragsters.

Hope I have not missed anyone!
--
Ugo Fadini