RE: Question for Jack Costella

To: "'Glen Barrett'" <speedtimer@charter.net>,
Subject: RE: Question for Jack Costella
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:01:36 -0500
I guess Jesse never heard of Wendell Scott. That guy was an ex-paratrooper,
owned a small garage in Roanoake, VA, and ran in NASCAR Grand National
racing for quite a few years. He and his sons ran used, hand-me-down
equipment and operated on a shoestring but they were in there competing with
the big-bucks race teams. Scott was the epitome of the "little guy" racing
against the odds. He raced "heads-up" and never asked for a ten lap handicap
because he was black.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ